Call our toll free hotline:
Get Help NOW
Codeine is a very common pain medication that many doctors prescribe for pain after surgery or chronic pain. Although its fast acting nature is excellent as an option for surgery, it also makes codeine highly addictive. According to the Centers for Disease Control, painkiller and prescription medication addiction has reached epidemic proportions.
Fortunately, codeine addiction is treatable. There are a variety of rehab resources for this particular addiction. One of the best of these is a luxury codeine rehab center.
What is Codeine Addiction?
Codeine addiction is a complex illness that affects millions. Many people do not recognize when they need treatment for their addiction. Knowing the signs of addiction is the first step in deciding whether or not you need to seek treatment. The signs are:
- Using more codeine than you technically need to relieve the pain,
- Developing a tolerance to codeine causing you to need more of it to relieve the same amount of pain,
- Doctor shopping for those that will prescribe codeine without asking many questions,
- Stealing from friends, family, and strangers to support your addiction, and
- Worrying about when you will run out of codeine and how to get more of it.
There are many consequences of codeine addiction but one of the worst is the possibility of overdose. Every day over 40 people die of a prescription painkiller overdose, many of these are due to codeine and mixing codeine with other drugs. Seeking treatment now can help you avoid overdose.
Who Needs Codeine Rehab?
If you or someone you love is addicted to, codeine chances are you need a codeine rehab. There are certain criteria that are important to pay attention to when deciding if you need this type of rehab. These criteria are:
- The addiction is out of control and you are doing things that you never thought you would because of the addiction,
- If your family and friends are questioning you about your codeine use,
- If you are having issues with your job or school work due to your codeine use,
- If your codeine use is interfering with other aspects of your life such as relationships, and
- If you go into withdrawal when you stop using codeine.
If you are wondering whether or not you need treatment for a codeine addiction, chances are you probably do. When an addiction gets to the point where it affects your life, it is time to seek treatment for that addiction.
Why Choose Luxury Rehab?
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the symptoms of withdrawal for any opiate including codeine are extremely unpleasant. Fortunately there are several treatments available to both help with the withdrawal and stop the addiction. Many people choose to go through these symptoms in an environment that is both peaceful and helpful. There are many other reasons to choose a luxury rehab. A few of these reasons are:
- They offer services that other rehabs do not. Since not every treatment option is right for every person, with more treatment options there is a better chance of recovery. Some of these options are:
o Holistic therapy,
- Herbal medicine,
- Guided meditation,
- Hypnosis, and
- Relaxation therapies,
o Art therapy,
o Music therapy,
o Animal therapy,
o Business assistance,
- Being comfortable is very important considering the other symptoms you might be experiencing. Luxury rehabs offer comforts that other rehabs are lacking,
o High quality accommodations,
o Gourmet meals,
o Swimming pools,
o Gym and exercise rooms, and
o Spas and saunas,
- An often talked about aspect of treatment is patient to staff ratio. The staff ratio is different than in other rehabs. There are also other staffing differences such as:
o Luxury rehabs often have higher quality staff,
o They have a lower client to staff ratio, and
o They sometimes have doctors available 24 hours a day.
- Luxury rehabs often have more perks or amenities than nonluxury rehab centers. There are amenities such as:
o Gourmet meals,
o Personal trainers,
o Individually tailored programs,
o Personal assistants, and
o Access to high tech medicine and facilities.
These are not the only amenities that some luxury rehabs offer. Some also offer beautiful views and peaceful surroundings. Sometimes luxury rehabs are also themed such as farms, ranches, and other active settings. Some rehabs are isolated from the world while others blend into major cities.
Some luxury rehabs also have the ability to bring in specialists from the outside. These specialists treat underlying physical conditions or other issues while you are in treatment. Seeing a specialist can help you solve the underlying physical or emotional problems that your addiction creates.
What are the Disadvantages of Luxury Rehab?
Aside from cost, luxury rehabs have very few disadvantages when compared to other treatment centers. Some of the more common disadvantages are:
- Limited availability – high end rehabs might have a waiting list to get in. The more popular and famous the rehab is, the more likely you will have to wait to get a place. This is particularly true of inpatient centers.
- Too many options – although this might not seem like a disadvantage, having too many choices can be confusing especially when it comes to drug addiction treatment.
These disadvantages are easily worked around depending on the individual rehab.
What is the Cost of a Luxury Rehab?
The cost of luxury rehab ranges between a few thousand dollars a day into hundreds of thousands of dollars for complete treatment. Fortunately, there are ways to manage that cost. Before entering rehab, speak to a financial counselor. Most rehabs offer financial counseling for those considering their facility. They can help with:
- insurance benefits – many major insurance carriers now offer coverage for addiction treatment. They may cover part or all of your treatment in a luxury rehab facility. Unfortunately, the paperwork can be complex. Financial counselors can help you check what is covered and how to apply for benefits.
- financial assistance – many luxury rehabs offer their own form of financial assistance to patients in need. These programs are only accessible through the rehab facility. Be sure to ask if the rehab has a program that will help you defray the cost of treatment.
- government assistance – there are many addiction related government programs. In order to access these programs you have to know where to look and how to fill out the forms. Once the forms are filled out and submitted, it is just a matter of waiting for approval.
- payment plans – many rehabs are understanding about the financial difficulties that a drug addiction can cause. They offer a wide range of payment plans for needy patients.
When you are searching for a rehab, cost is a factor. It is important to be comfortable with the cost of rehab so you are not worrying needlessly.
Inpatient versus Outpatient Rehab
There are two main types of rehabs. You can choose from inpatient or outpatient services.
- Inpatient services are residential services. You eat and sleep at the rehab facility while you are receiving treatment. This keeps you isolated from your triggers and your home environment, so you can concentrate completely on ending the addiction. The problem with residential rehab facilities is that you have to take off school or work to attend one. Once you are checked into the facility you cannot leave until you, your doctor, and your counselors agree that you are ready. If you do, you usually have to start the program over again.
- Outpatient services require you to return to the facility either daily, weekly, or monthly for treatment. This allows you to continue with work or school while you are in treatment. One of the key advantages of outpatient rehab is the flexibility that it offers. You can work your treatment around your schedule.
Whether you choose inpatient or outpatient services is up to you and your doctor. Some people are better suited for inpatient while others are suited more for outpatient. Choosing the option that is right for you can greatly improve your chances of successful recovery.
There are many choices when it comes to finding a luxury rehab. We can help you with both your search and your decision. Call us at 800-256-3490, for more information.