Call our toll free hotline:
Chat with a real person:Live Chat
20 Interesting Facts you Didn’t Know about Treatment Centers
When you are thinking of going into drug or alcohol treatment, there are a lot of things that you need to consider. Even if you have been to rehab or a treatment center there are some things that you might not know about a good treatment center.
1. Addiction is a Disease and Needs to Be Treated as Such
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, addiction is a disease, a good treatment center will treat it like one.
2. No Single Treatment Works for Every Addict
There are hundreds of different treatment types, not all of them will work for you.
3. A Good Treatment Center Forms a Treatment Plan Before Beginning
You need to know what your treatment goals are. A good treatment center will help you discover them before you start treatment.
4. Some Treatment Centers are Drug Specific
Some treatment centers only cater to one or two kinds of addiction. This is helpful for people who are severe addicts.
5. Not all Treatment Programs are Equal
Some treatment programs do not offer all of the services that you need. Check to be sure that they have what you need before you choose a program.
6. Make Sure you Need Treatment Before Going
In some cases, treatment is not necessary to stop a drug addiction. Talk to a professional before seeking treatment.
7. Some Treatment Centers Also Treat Mental Illness
There are treatment centers that will treat both mental and physical illnesses as well as addiction.
8. You Need to Make Sure the Staff is Trained and Certified in their Respective Fields
Some treatment centers do not hire qualified staff.
9. Many Treatment Centers Offer Aquatics
In the warmer climates some treatment centers have pools or other aquatics to help with therapy.
10. Some Treatment Centers offer Holistic Therapies
If you want alternatives to traditional treatments, you might want a treatment center that offers holistic therapies.
11. Many Insurance Companies Now Pay for a Treatment Center
Most treatment centers will accept your insurance, check with your insurance company and the treatment center.
12. Be Wary of Punitive Treatment Centers
Many treatment centers focus on negative reinforcement, be wary of these types of treatment.
13. A Good Treatment Center Offers Dual Diagnosis Treatment
A really good treatment center treats the cause of the addiction as well as the addiction.
14. There are Group Oriented and Individualized Treatment Centers
Many treatment centers offer treatment in groups. If this is not for you make sure you can get individual treatment.
15. There are Treatment Centers that also Treat the Whole Family
If your family suffered because of the addiction, you might need a treatment center that helps with these issues.
16. Treatment Needs to Have a Dietary Component
A good treatment center corrects the vitamin and mineral imbalances that addiction causes with dietary corrections.
17. Treatment Needs to be Monitored Carefully
You need a treatment center that monitors your rehab carefully to make sure that you are making progress and that it is helping.
18. Most Treatment Centers offer a Variety of Therapies
Your treatment needs to be personalized for you, treatment centers that offer a variety of therapies are best.
19. A Treatment Center Should Treat the Person as a Whole
The treatment center should treat all of you and not just the addiction.
20. A Good Treatment Center is Simple to Find
You can find a good treatment center by calling 800-721-8114.